Saturday, January 27, 2018

Day One Hundred Seventy: CAP PT Test and Uniform

Ruth recently became a cadet in the Civil Air Patrol, and to advance through the ranks, she has to take and pass certain physical, academic, and drill tests at particular intervals. Today was her first PT test and the first PT test I have ever been witness to. It was interesting to watch, and I enjoyed learning about the process. Ruth did wonderfully and easily passed. She was the only female participant, and she definitely held her own.

Afterwards, she stopped by the organization's supply closet to rifle through the donated uniforms they had on hand to see if there were any in her size. It was the first time I have seen her in a military uniform. It was a mixed bag of emotions for me, but mostly I felt so proud.

The Sit-and-Reach portion of the PT test

No comments:

Post a Comment