Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Day One Hundred Fifty-Three: Writing Day

In my heart, I'm a writer. But, in my head, I'm a hot mess! I seem to get distracted by every single thing, and I seem to require more than 5-10 minute chunks of time to put together coherent thoughts or sentences. And you might as well forget about whole ideas because there is no space in there for them to even get off the ground. And after the distractions kids go to bed, there are always other things waiting to be done and begging for my attention. I don't really communicate all that well through spoken words, and Jeff and I both agree I'm a better person when I'm writing, even if I'm just writing things that I don't ever intend for anyone else to read. It's really the best way for me to clear the gunk out of my head and make things make sense. And, frankly, it's been a long time since I've done much writing of any kind. So, this year, we made a joint resolution to put an away-from-the-house writing day for me on our calendar. Our household absolutely runs in accordance with our overpacked calendar, so putting a writing day on the calendar makes it totally legit. It's a real thing that has to be done. Because there it is on the calendar. So, today after my Meals on Wheels deliveries were finished, a reminder popped up that insisted my next activity was Writing Day. And you can't argue with the calendar. I took myself over to the library for several hours and put pen to paper. It's a First, but when I entered it into my calendar, I clicked the button that said, "Repeat weekly," so I know and am thankful it won't be a one-time thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment