Monday, January 15, 2018

Day One Hundred Fifty-Eight: ZOOB

The boys got several ZOOB building sets for Christmas, and they have been a huge hit! Clay commandeered the lot of them today and was busy literally all afternoon building one gadget after another. He kept coming into the room where I was and showing me every project. Every time, I would remark how cool I thought his creation was. Finally, he sweetly offered, "I can show you how to make them, if you want." I closed my laptop and gave him my full attention. With patience and authority, he spent the next while teaching me how to build all his cool creations and showing me considerable grace when I didn't get it just right. Then he built phones for each of us, and I spent many happy minutes calling him up at various restaurants to order food, which he would then make out of ZOOBs and deliver to me. So often I see the kids' toys as a babysitter or an annoyance, but I had fun today seeing them the way the kids see them and letting myself just get caught up in the diversion.

Having fun with ZOOB

No comments:

Post a Comment