Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Day Twenty-Six: A Whole New CC Experience

Classical Conversations is certainly nothing new to our family. We've been participating in the homeschool support group for years. But this year, we're proving that new experiences can lurk even within those things which seem to be old hat. First of all, this year, we are not participating in the morning (Foundations) classes but are only showing up for the afternoon class (Essentials), which I am tutoring. Tutoring Essentials is not new for me either, but it has been a number of years since I've done it. This is, however, my first time to tutor the class and have any of my boys in class as students. Both Weston and Max are in the class this year, which is very neat. It is also my first time to tutor on such a large campus, which actually has two Essentials classes. Consequently, there is an element of needing to coordinate with the other tutor on certain things, which is definitely not a problem, just different from how I've done this in the past. Finally, since I was out of town last week, I had to start today, on the second week of class, which was definitely a different experience for me. I'm thankful to have found this CC campus, and I'm glad that I can find some firsts even among a tried and true activity.

Celebrating my first day of CC on a brand new campus

No comments:

Post a Comment