Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Day Forty: Doorknob Repair

I thought it would be really cool if the First for today was something spectacular, since it's the Fortieth First to celebrate turning 40. But life doesn't always play along with our grand plans. So, instead of something spectacular, I repaired a doorknob. It's not that I've never repaired anything before--I am actually quite handy with a screwdriver, if I do say so myself--but I think this was the first time I've had to put a doorknob back together. And, it was definitely the first time I had to do something like that with a bum knee, which seems irrelevant until you realize that without the ability to kneel, you are either standing and are therefore too tall to see all the inner workings of the knob, bending at the waist, which can get uncomfortable pretty quickly, or sitting flat on your rear on the floor and are too short. I really can't even take full credit for this first, because Clay insisted on helping, so I let him screw in one of the screws. We make a great team, and we got the job done. I did do it in my nice clothes, though, so I guess that could be my little bit of spectacular. 😀

 
Busted doorknob

Putting it all back together

Finishing touches
(He does not have a black eye. This is the tail end of pirate face paint.)

No comments:

Post a Comment