Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Day Twenty-Seven: Health Webinar

I have attended a few webinars in the past but always because I had to. Tonight, I participated in one simply because I wanted to. Aviva Romm, M.D. is an herbalist/midwife/doctor that I follow online whose specialty and passion is women's health. I have been burned by many medical professionals in the past and have become very skeptical in my dealings with them. But, Dr. Romm seems to take a very natural, holistic approach to treatments and is an outspoken advocate who encourages and empowers her patients and followers to take their health into their own hands whenever possible. I wish there were more doctors like her. I would almost certainly seek out her practice if I lived in New York, but since I don't, I'm thankful that she has made herself and her many resources available online. Tonight's webinar was entitled "Women's Root Cause Medicine," and she talked about the five root causes of almost all illness, most of which we have the power to control to at least some degree. But, even those things which we don't have absolute control over, like genetics, don't point to the end of the world for our health. It was a wonderful webinar and gave me greater cause to appreciate Dr. Romm.


No comments:

Post a Comment