Sunday, September 17, 2017

Day Thirty-Eight: A Fount of Firsts

This morning, we headed into Dallas to have brunch at La Duni, a Latin cafe we had never been to. Everything was delicious, and we enjoyed the experience very much! Afterwards, we made our way over to the Perot Museum. We have been to the museum once before, but a place like that is sure to provide a first almost every time you go. The last time we went, we completely missed the Hall of Birds, so that section was totally new to us. I tried out the "soar like an eagle" exhibit, which allowed me to see the world from a bird's eye view. The Engineering and Innovation Hall is our family's favorite, and this time I tried my hand at programming a robot using a coding program. It was cool to see it "come to life" and follow my commands. The entire day was so fun, and I loved how many firsts were built into it.

La Duni

What a way to start the day!

Learning to soar

My computer program on the left, and my robot, The Rockin Crustacean, on the right

No comments:

Post a Comment