Thursday, September 28, 2017

Day Forty-Nine: Uber to and from practice

Our weekly schedule is pretty crazy, just like almost everyone we know, especially families with kids. But, since I injured my knee, and especially since I had the surgery, we have had the added challenge of having just one driver. (Ruth can drive with a licensed driver, but for Tuesdays and Thursdays, even that doesn't help us.) Jeff has been amazing at juggling everything, and my mom helped out tremendously when she was here over the weekend. But when the time of Max's Thursday gymnastic class got switched up on us, there was just not going to be any way for Jeff to get three people to three far flung locations at the same time, super hero though he is. We talked through our options and finally came up with Uber as a solution. I recently experienced the first of walking one of my kids to practice, but I can honestly say I have never Ubered anyone to practice before! Admittedly it felt a little odd to hire a driver to take the two younger boys and myself less than two miles, but it worked out beautifully, and I'm so very thankful we live in a place where this is an option!

The Uber App, showing several cars in my area

No comments:

Post a Comment