Friday, September 8, 2017

Day Twenty-Nine: Scouting

We have a couple of boys in our household who are fired up about scouting at the moment. Weston has joined the Boy Scouts, and Clay just became a Cub Scout. Jeff has signed up to help with the Boy Scout group, and I checked a box on a form that says I am Clay's "Tiger Adult Partner," which I suppose makes me an honorary Cub Scout. I was a Girl Scout when I was a kid, but I can honestly say, I've never been a Boy Scout (or a Cub Scout), so that's a good first. The BSA requires that parent helpers attend online training in youth protection, so I completed my training tonight, which counts as another first. I also helped my Tiger partner with painting his boat for the Raingutter Regatta, which will take place on Sunday. Because I'm a pretty awesome Cub Scout, and I'm also killing the firsts!

My Tiger partner working on his boat

Wonder if I'll get a merit badge for this?!

No comments:

Post a Comment