Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Day Thirty-Four: Quilling

I went to Hobby Lobby today specifically to look for inspiration for Firsts. That's one of those deceptive stores that makes the average person feel as if she can do anything just by choosing to shop there, and it was tempting to pick out projects that were not currently realistic for me. (Though maybe someday I'll have all the crafter skills and make a fortune on Etsy.) Ultimately, I discovered the quilling kits (on clearance!) and my mind was made up for my afternoon project. Thankfully, it was not too difficult, and Clay and I found it to be very enjoyable. (As soon as Clay found out I had returned from the store with art supplies, he was 100% on board!) Maybe with a little more practice, I'll be able to open that Etsy shop sooner than expected!

Tools of the trade and first fruits

I love spending time with my people as I work on my Firsts

The front of a card I made

No comments:

Post a Comment