Thursday, September 21, 2017

Day Forty-Two: Tsunami Sushi

Jeff and the kids offered to take me out for lunch today as sort of a last hoorah before I have my knee surgery tomorrow. I picked the new sushi place close to our house that we have been eying but haven't tried yet. And, I made a point of trying some things that were new to me, like mango jalepeno Hamachi ceviche and the Golden Dragon Roll, stuffed with lobster and covered in eel, and the Scary Spider roll, which contained tempura soft shell crab, cream cheese and other goodies. I also had my stand-by favorite: spicy tuna tower, but I think this one had more colors and kinds of fish roe than I've ever seen on one plate! It was a fun outing with lots of neat firsts, and I'm so glad we took some time out of our day to just hang together and enjoy some delicious food!

It's always fun to find a gem close to home!

This kid is up for anything!

Scary Spider doesn't look too scary!

The delicious ceviche appetizer

Spicy Tuna Tower

Checking off firsts with my people!

No comments:

Post a Comment