Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Day Three Hundred Twenty: Game Pieces Amongst the Firewood

This is really a very silly First, but it was a pretty low-key day lacking in novelty. When I started this project, I imagined all the Firsts would be interesting and exciting, but that isn't always the case, and that's okay. While the sensational Firsts are certainly more fun to experience and write about, there can still be joy in appreciating even the smallests of Firsts. My First for today was looking for game pieces in the wood bin under the fireplace. Personally, I would never have even thought to store games in that location, and I certainly wouldn't have guessed I'd be moving logs around, trying to find little letter-covered dice. But trying to find ways to entertain two little boys whose ski legs have given out will inspire a mom to do any number of things she might not otherwise do.







No comments:

Post a Comment