Friday, June 29, 2018

Day Three Hundred Twenty-Three: Two Small Firsts

My first First of the day was going to the ski shop to re-rent everyone's equipment for tomorrow, since we found out we don't have to leave as early as expected and can therefore squeeze in a few more hours on slopes. Jeff usually takes care of this at the end of the ski day, but we were afraid the shop would be busy at the end of the day with people coming in for the weekend. So, I went after lunch while Jeff and the kids tried to maximize this perfect day on the slopes. I was a little nervous I wouldn't have all the Spanish words to take care of this business, so Jeff texted me a transcript of what to say, which I practiced several times before I got to the shop. I was then able to take care of the rental like a pro. 😉

My second First came in the afternoon, as I was making dinner. Jeff texted to say the landlord was sending someone to the apartment for a "showing," which has never happened to us while staying in an Airbnb. I had about 10 minutes to straightened up the apartment, before a man showed up to take pictures and get some measurements. I hope the pics aren't going into some kind of professional sales brochure!

No comments:

Post a Comment