Thursday, June 14, 2018

Day Three Hundred Eight: Cine Argentino

I had yet another opportunity to participate in an activity with Jeff's school today: Cine Argentino. Jeff had attended one of these video-viewing events a couple of weeks ago which was apparently quite colorful, and he ended up learning some vocabulary they don't teach in class, although he did report that it was a great way to practice listening to Spanish and to learn more of the culture of Argentina. I was hesitant to go today because I really didn't want to watch a crude movie, but since I very much wanted to get out of the house, I decided at the last minute to walk over to the school and check it out. It turned out to be fine. In honor of the first day of the World Cup, we watched a comedy about a man addicted to watching fútbol (soccer, for those of you in the U.S.) whose wife issues him an ultimatum, which was the movie's namesake: El Fútbol o Yo. With the Spanish subtitles to go along with the Spanish dialogue (and with the predicable plot), I was able to follow along pretty well in my first all-Spanish movie viewing. Woohoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment