Thursday, June 21, 2018

Day Three Hundred Fifteen: Motherhood Milestones

My kids are growing up, which has been more evident than ever to me in the last year as my baby has morphed into one of the big kids. They are more capable of doing things for themselves. They can be trusted to behave themselves and to make responsible choices most of the time. And they don't need constant supervision. Our family dynamic is changing, which is mostly exciting but also a bit odd for me. And there are a number of Firsts that come with this new territory. Just today, I sent my twelve-year-old off to a restaurant in a foreign city by himself to watch a World Cup game; Jeff and I talked with our oldest about the responsibilities and privileges of unsupervised driving, which will be a real thing in a few short weeks; I left my youngest two home alone for a couple of hours; and Jeff and I went out for a short date while all the kids stayed behind. This is very different from the way things have been in the past. I'm adjusting to the changes, and I'm so thankful to see my kids (and myself) growing into this new phase of life.

So thankful for these amazing people!





No comments:

Post a Comment