Thursday, June 28, 2018

Day Three Hundred Twenty-Two: Hot Buttered Rum

I did not know until relatively recently that I like rum when it isn't blended with pineapple and coconut and served with a cherry on a plastic sword or a paper umbrella. The fact that I didn't really know I liked rum coupled with the fact that I don't usually live in a cold area where après-ski drinks are a thing means I have never had a hot buttered rum, though, of course, I have heard of them. This afternoon, while surveying our remaining ski groceries, I discovered that we had both rum and butter, and I felt inspired. I looked up a recipe online and found that I did not, in fact, have any of the requisite spices. But, I didn't let that deter me. I used essential oils instead and was quite happy with the result, though I would certainly be open to trying the original version. This will definitely go into my warm drink repertoire to pull out on cold winter days.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment