Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Day Three Hundred Seven: Don Pedro and Almendrado

Jeff and I went out for a walk after dinner, which was lovely but quite cold. So, after a while we decided to stop for coffee and dessert. We popped into Don Aldo, on our favorite street, and ordered up. There were two desserts listed that were completely unknown to us, so those were the ones we chose. I ordered the Almendrado, which Google translate told me was simply "almond." Jeff ordered the Don Pedro, which the waitress explained to us without us understanding a word. Both desserts contained ice cream, which was ironic since we were so cold and were trying to warm up. Also, when they were delivered to our table, we didn't know which was which, so we each just ate the one closest to us on the table. When we got home, we looked both desserts up online and realized I had eaten the one Jeff ordered, and he had eaten the one I ordered. Both were good (and both were almond-flavored, which is why we didn't figure it out in the restaurant), but the whole thing was quite funny.

Almendrado-- the dessert I should have had

Don Pedro--the dessert I actually had

No comments:

Post a Comment