Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Day Three Hundred Twenty-One: Drinking Tomato Concentrate

As I was preparing to make spaghetti sauce today, my little kitchen helper saw the cans of tomato concentrate (tomato paste) on the counter and was reminded of V8 juice, which he loves. He asked me if he could drink one of them and would not be persuaded that the stuff inside the cans was not drinkable. I opened a can to show him how thick the paste was, and he was disappointed but continued to pine for some to drink. Finally, I emptied some into a glass and added water. He was thrilled and happily drank up most of what was in the glass. But then the lure of the snow beakoned him, and he took off without finshing it. Seeing the glass on the counter and thinking that I quite like V8 myself, I emptied the glass. It was the first time I ever drank tomato concentrate in such a pure form, and it was delicious (though I wouldn't have complained if it had had a splash of vodka in it 😉).


No comments:

Post a Comment