Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Day Sixty-Nine: Fellow Continent Collector

Last week, while I was at PT, I got drawn into a conversation with the lady working out next to me and her husband, who was waiting on her. They are world travelers and have lots of adventures under their belts. During the course of the conversation, it came up that the man just needs to get to one more continent to have "collected" all of them. I also just need one more, so this was an instant connection for us. He needs Australia, and I need Antarctica.

Well, today when I came in for my PT appointment, the man and his wife were already there, and he could hardly contain his excitement as he rushed over to me with a printout inside a page protector. It was information about the company through which he had booked his Antarctic cruise, and it was a gift for me because he felt it was really important that I "collect [my] last continent." I have never been given a gift quite like this, particularly from someone I hardly knew. It is rare to meet such a kindred spirit and a fellow collector of continents, and I feel blessed that our paths have crossed.

Antarctica or bust!

No comments:

Post a Comment