Thursday, October 19, 2017

Day Seventy: Golden Tonic

I have been trying to learn about natural ways to combat inflammation and joint pain ever since I injured my knee, not only because I have been dealing with those very things in the present, but also because I have heard that this type of injury can lead to arthritis down the road. My hope is that I can get myself healthy and active as soon as possible and stave off other issues in the future.

Turmeric is touted as having anti-inflammatory properties, and collagen is supposed to help with joint pain. So when I found a recipe for this Turmeric-Collagen Coconut Tonic, I bookmarked it so I could give it a try. (It was my first time to make this drink, but it was also my first time to buy a package of collagen, which I added to my stash of weird products in the pantry that provide an endless amount of shock and entertainment to my family members!) I can't say yet what the verdict is for my joints, but I can tell you it is delicious, and I would drink it even of it didn't have the potential health benefits.

Golden Tonic

No comments:

Post a Comment