Friday, July 6, 2018

Three Hundred Thirty: Embroidery and Ice Cream

The day was full of Firsts as we were exploring new parts of Santiago. Our first stop was the Cultural Center in the basement of the Palacio de La Moneda (the president's palace). While we were there, the kids and I worked on some little embroidery projects together in the activity room. That was a First for all of us and something we want to try again in the future when we have more time.

Our embroidery was supposed to answer the question
"What does it mean to be Latin American?"
We went off our experiences while we've been here and
came up with a soccer ball surrounded by rain drops
and snowy mountains. I think we pretty much nailed it.

Upon leaving the museum, we headed over to Heladería Emporio La Rosa, which we had heard was one of the best ice cream shops in town. In fact, they claim to be in the top 25 in the world, but I don't know since I haven't yet visited all of the ice cream shops in the world. I have all of them on my list, though, so maybe someday. Anyway, the shop had several unique flavors, and I tried two that were new to me: rose and honey of ulmo, which is a particular type of flower that grows in Chile. Both were very good!

New ice cream flavors always make good Firsts!

No comments:

Post a Comment