Friday, July 20, 2018

Day Three Hundred Forty-Four: Sewing Machine Lesson

My mother-in-law has some amazing sewing skills. She can repair anything, and she creates and produces beautiful quilts and many other things. I have always thought of myself as a non-sewer, and frankly, I have never even really been interested in learning the skill. But on this visit to my in-laws' house, I decided that was faulty thinking, and on a lark, I ask my mother-in-law if she would teach me how to sew something on the sewing machine. She was more than happy to give me a lesson, and I'm so proud that, after practicing several stitches and getting a feel for the machine, I attached several squares of fabric together with some nice, straight(ish) seams. And, I didn't tear up any of the equipment or end up with a needle through my finger! And rather than feeling the overwhelming stress that permeated the estimated two sewing projects of my childhood 4H days, which caused me to completely swear off the activity, I actually really enjoyed it!

Playing around with the machine
and learning the different stitches

So thankful for such a great teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment