Sunday, July 8, 2018

Day Three Hundred Thirty-Two: Food Firsts

We went out to eat at Nolita tonight, in the cool Lastarria neighborhood, and I had the opportunity to try several things I had never had before. First, we had beef tartare for an appetizer. (I had had ostrich tartare once in Africa, but the beef version was new.) And, although we all agreed it looked kind of like canned cat food, the flavor was actually pretty great. Later, Jeff and I opted to share the grilled seafood sampler, and I got to try merluza austral (hake), reineta (pomfret), and octopus for the first time as well, and all were enjoyable. There was a time in my life when I would have turned my nose up even at the thought of these things, so to enthusiastically eat them and enjoy them makes me feel like I grown as a person.

Beef Tartare

Southern Pacific Sampler



No comments:

Post a Comment