Sunday, May 27, 2018

Day Two Hundred Ninety: Buying Movie Tickets in a Foreign Country

We had promised the kids a viewing of the new Star Wars movie, Solo, this weekend, and today was the day. After wandering around the city for a while looking for a couple of cabs (because there is no Uber here and because there is no such thing as a taxi big enough to carry all of us in this city), we finally all arrived at the theater across town. Since my group arrived first, it fell to me to buy the tickets. Obviously, this is a bit of a stretch for a First, but it truly was my first time to buy movie tickets in a foreign country and not in my native language, so I'm going to count it. (Admittedly, it was not my first time to see a movie, or even a Star Wars movie, or even a Star Wars movie with Spanish subtitles in a foreign country!)


No comments:

Post a Comment