Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Day Two Hundred Ninety-Two: Mom to a 16-Year-Old

My oldest turned 16 today, which seems unreal to me. She is the last of my children to have a birthday during my Year of Firsts but the first one to become an age that our household hasn't already experienced. (Not that any of them experience the same ages in the same ways!) I have never been the mother of a sixteen-year-old before, and I'd be lying if I said I knew what I was doing at this point any more than I ever have, but I love it and am excited to see how it goes. There were other things I could have counted as my First for today (like answering the door to a woman selling oregano out of a baby stroller but with no baby), but I felt it was only fitting to honor my first child, who has given me so many firsts during these last 16 years.

Celebrating my first child!

No comments:

Post a Comment