Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Day Two Hundred Seventy-Eight: Machu Picchu

We checked off a huge bucket list item today by visiting Machu Picchu. It is a place I have been fascinated with since I was a kid, but for the longest time I never even imagined it was a place people actually visited. It seemed like it was a sort of made up place created only for the pages of National Geographic. But we went there today and stood in a National Geographic photo, and it was amazing! It was also special to me because when I hurt my knee, I told my physical therapist that hiking Machu Picchu was my goal. It felt good to know that I had strengthened my knee enough to be able to do it! I would have been glad to visit anytime, but I love that I got to go there during my Year of Firsts, and I'm thankful I got to share the experience with all my people!

Machu Picchu

Sharing a special experience with my people!

No comments:

Post a Comment