Thursday, March 8, 2018

Day Two Hundred Ten: Brilliant

I was introduced to Brilliant today through a TEDEd video I found on Real Clear Science. The site claims to offer training in critical thinking through real-world STEM problem solving, which sounded like the kind of thing we might want to incorporate into our homeschool. So I poked around on the site for a while and took the course entitled "How does a Refrigerator Work?"

Of course, I have learned these principles in physics courses I have taken in the past, but, honestly, it's been a long time, and these days I usually just sit around taking my fridge for granted and not thinking about what makes it tick. The course was a great refresher and quite interesting.

I like the way the courses are set up as quizzes that require users to think through possible solutions based on previous information they have received. This is better than just reading or watching a video that tells all the steps without engaging the mind of the listener/reader. I'm looking forward to introducing my math and science loving kids to the courses and taking more of the courses myself.

*Photo Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment