Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Day One Hundred Eighty: Restorative Yoga

Today's First was a true "Yes, And" experience. There was no premeditating or looking back on my day to see what I did that would "count." It was simply an opportunity that presented itself, which I said "Yes" to. I took Max to try out a kids' yoga class, not knowing that they had a restorative yoga class going on simultaneously. I was sitting on a bench outside Max's class, trying to decide which book to read next, when the restorative teacher came out of her room to get something. She asked if I wanted to join the class, and at first, I declined, citing the fact that I wasn't dressed appropriately for yoga. But then she explained that there was barely any movement at all in the restorative class and that I could wear what I had on with no problem. Knowing that I was going to miss my regular gentle yoga class tomorrow evening, I decided to kick off my shoes and join the class. It was truly restful, and I'm so glad I did it! And, I'm also proud of myself for being spontaneous!

No comments:

Post a Comment