Saturday, February 24, 2018

Day One Hundred Ninety-Eight: Power Outage Evacuation

This morning, as Weston played his very last basketball game of the season, the power in the building kept blinking off and on. A few minutes into the second quarter, the lights went out and didn't come back on. We waited for a while under dim backup lighting and were finally told that the gym was being evacuated due to the safety hazards posed by the lack of electricity and water in a building filled with so many people and the prospect of not regaining power for several hours. We left and were headed to lunch when the coaches texted to let us know the power was back on and the games would resume. It's the first time we've been in a situation quite like that, but we were glad the power came back on and Weston was able to finish his game.

The players were happy to play some pickup games while the power was out and weren't too interested in evacuating

When we got home from the game, we found a dead rat on our back porch, so another exciting First for me was getting to dispose of it. I will spare you the photo, but I'm reporting this because I want my extreme bravery to be documented in case I ever wonder what I'm capable of!

No comments:

Post a Comment