Thursday, August 17, 2017

Day Seven: Origami

I've had an origami book on my Kindle for quite a while. It's something I got for free at some point and thought the kids might enjoy. When I came across it this afternoon, I had my inspiration for today's first. Though it didn't offer step-by-step instructions with pictures like I was hoping, it did have some interesting history and background on the various origami techniques. In traditional origami, the folding of cranes was sometimes regarded as a type of prayer, the aim of which was to teach concentration and patience. Hmm. I happen to be in need of an extra measure of patience at the moment, so I decided to go ahead and try the crane, even though it was rated "medium" for difficulty. And, I decided to use the instructions I found on origamiway.com, since the site offered clear steps and pictures. My crane still needs a little work. But so do my patience and concentration. So perhaps I will keep trying until I start to see improvements.

My first attempt at origami

No comments:

Post a Comment