Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Day Five: Ripstik

I was having a hard time thinking of a first for today, but when the boys went outside to ride their Ripstiks, I decided I would go with them and get them to give me a lesson. They were thrilled to have me playing outside with them and to be able to share their skills with me. They were excellent teachers and were very patient with me. I finally did manage to stay on for a few seconds, but my victory was short-lived, because I hit a little crack in the concrete and went sailing. It was immediately clear that the lesson was over. The boys were so sweet and concerned and helped me hobble into the house and get iced up, since Jeff had taken Ruth to practice. Clay even offered me his special Spiderman bandaids. Maybe there are some firsts that 40-year-olds are not well suited for...

Sweet teachers and caregivers for old Mom

2 comments: