Monday, August 21, 2017

Day Eleven: Total Solar Eclipse

Well, I know I'm not alone among the population in collecting this first experience, but I'm so glad it fell during my Year of Firsts, because it was just so amazing, and it's a fun thing to have in my memoir of this year. We traveled to Nashville so we could be in the path of totality, and I can tell you it was worth it, even with the 10-hour car ride and the bum knee! It happened shockingly fast, but it was surreal to see dusk fall in the middle of the day and see the street lights come on and the stars/planets come out and hear the bugs start chirping like crazy. Not to mention the sight of the sun hiding behind the moon! What a special experience! We're already getting excited for the eclipse of 2024 and are thrilled that our home state will be included in the path of totality at that time!

Ready!

Raise your hand if you have a photo just like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment